I SUSPECT YOU MIGHT HAVE ACTUALLY FORGOTTEN ABOUT ME ANYWAY

Posted by Posted by Dark Beige On 19:31




By Simple Minds' Jim Kerr

Come on guys, I can't believe that after everything I did to implore you not to go and forget about me, it would seem that you have, if record sales, media interest and levels of fan mail (one letter since 2004) are any indicator.

I really thought I might have done enough to remind everyone; my 1985 chart topping hit with Simple Minds not only featured my plea seven times, but also had two rounds of reinforcing "Don't, don't, don't, don't!"'s to back it all up.


But if our number 41-placed single Home was anything to go by, you fucking went and forgot. I don't even want to mention the 134th placing for 2001's Homosapien. All I'll say is that in September 2001 something truly awful happened in world history...and the nine eleven attacks were pretty shocking, too.

So come on, please try to remember me. Maybe write my name down. It's Jim Kerr. I was married to Patsy Kensit once too, so in a way that Liam Gallagher copied me. He's just a tribute act!


I'm going to go and have some micro noodles now, and maybe watch the telly.





I'm reading: I SUSPECT YOU MIGHT HAVE ACTUALLY FORGOTTEN ABOUT ME ANYWAYTWEET THIS!

Bookmark and Share

0 comments

Post a Comment