LOVE ME DON'T!

Posted by Posted by Dark Beige On 08:07



Meet the scouser too ashamed to tell anyone he doesn't like the Beatles!

Lovable Liverpudlian Mick O Brien seems like your average down to earth, salt-of-that-same-earth, honest to God scouser, with a nasal whine here, and a misplaced belief in his city's cultural legacy there.



But look a little closer and you might notice something funny about Mick - the Merseyside maverick actually doesn't think the city's favourite sons The Beatles were any kop! He thinks the fab four were a drab whore!

"I don't know what it is, you know like, but when I was growing up in the 60s everyone was always "John this, Ringo that, George the other", and I just got really sick of it. I remember my older brother Darren coming home with a new vinyl copy of Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, and loving the bright colourful cover. But I just thought the music was whining shit, as usual.

Now it's hard for me to live round here - I have to have a police cordon wherever I go, as people try to get me, old grannies ripping at clumps of my hair shouting about the Cavern and big market traders kicking at me savagely, lamenting the sad story of Stuart Sutcliffe, the (other) Beatle that never was.

It's made my life hell. But I won't change for anyone - I think the Beatles were shit, and I'm not that keen on Paul McCartney's solo work either. I liked Cast, mind - they were a proper scouse rock band".

Some Beatles songs Mick might like:

She Loves You (You hate the Beatles)

Can't Buy Me Love (Can buy me hate - of the Beatles)

I Feel Fine (No-one's playing the Beatles at the moment)

Eight Days a Week (I hate the Beatles)

Help! (Someone's put on a Beatles album)


Yesterday (I also thought the Beatles were shit)

We Can't Work It Out (You like the Beatles)

Paperback Writer (has written a book dissing the Beatles)

All You Need Is Hate (of the Beatles)

Hello Goodbye Fuck Off (if you like the Beatles)

Lady Madonna (is a much better artist, and think what a diss that is)


I'm reading: LOVE ME DON'T!TWEET THIS!

Bookmark and Share

0 comments

Post a Comment