THE TWO RONNIES ARE BACK!

Posted by Posted by Dark Beige On 22:55



Legendary comic duo The Two Ronnies are reforming - but with one special change!

We all love The Two Ronnies - that legendary double act who ruled British comedy in the 70s and 80s, remaining a much loved national treasure way into the new millennium.

This enduring popularity was underlined in 2004, when Ronnie Barker came out of retirement to co-present smash hit show The Two Ronnies Sketchbook. Barker's return was confusing to some, as he had been away from our screens so long that some (well, at least one person) thought he was dead. This confusion was sadly further compounded when Barker actually did die in October 2005.

So, having only recently reformed to work their magic once more, for the first time since 1987, the pair were once again over, and that was the end of that. Or was it?...

Now, in September 2008, the duo are returning to our screens - but with a little personnel change. Pint-sized funnyman Ronnie Corbett is back, but this time enigmatic snooker world champion Ronnie O Sullivan is stepping into Barker's size 9 shoes.



Some have questioned the move, citing O Sullivan's total lack of entertainment experience, and moody persona - shy, almost surly at some points; exuberant and arrogant at others. "The guy's probably the greatest snooker player that ever lived", Terry Wogan opined, "but can he write and perform a series of cleverly crafted puns?"

O Sullivan appeared unworried, however. "Some days I think one thing, the next day I think something else. It is like there is this damn committee going on in my head. Shall I; shan’t I; am I up or am I down; am I doing the right thing; should I carry on; should I go home; have I done enough; have I had enough; do people really care; do I hate snooker; do I love snooker; have I had a good time; has it been great; hasn’t it been great; is it time to move on; have I got another five years in me; should I give up now. Arrrrgh! I’ve got all this s*** in my head to deal with", he said.



Corbett was also upbeat - "They always said I was a little potty", he quipped, "but this guy's got more than just pot luck. I reckon there'll be cues around the block, but then I am baized", he chortled.


I'm reading: THE TWO RONNIES ARE BACK!TWEET THIS!

Bookmark and Share

0 comments

Post a Comment