I'M DAVE GORMAN, AND I'VE GOT A REALLY WACKY IDEA

Posted by Posted by Dark Beige On 20:53



I'm always dreaming up mad new ways to have a bit of a laugh, by immersing myself in crazy new adventures with me as the chilled out protagonist. Whether it's meeting everyone else in the world with my name, following horoscopes to the letter or traveling across America shopping at only independent stores, I always approach every challenge with the same mix of wide eyed enthusiasm, detached ironic humour and bearded, fleece wearing chutzpah.



For my next adventure, I've got the silliest idea yet. I'm just going to let hair grow on my face for as long as possible, barring my cheeks from any access to Mach 3s and Nivea balms for as long as I can tolerate, before it gets too bloody itchy. As my stupid beard grows, I'm going to inadvertently explore the history of male facial hair in a totally original, accessible way, exploring the full range of emotions that beards inspire, hanging out with Brian Blessed, fighting with the Taliban (who insist on beards for men under pain of death, and sometimes women, too) in Kabul, and even meeting Dawsons Creek actor James van Der Beek, who had to shave his face every two hours when filming the show to pass himself off as someone ten years younger.

It's going to be a hilarious blast.


I'm reading: I'M DAVE GORMAN, AND I'VE GOT A REALLY WACKY IDEATWEET THIS!

Bookmark and Share

0 comments

Post a Comment