By Mr Ryan - Vice Principal, San Dimas High School

I had really misjudged Bill and Ted. I thought those two slackers were definitely going to burn out on their history test, but now look at this! They've actually paid eight different actors to pretend to be major historical figures!

Although their methods definitely aren't orthodox, I've gotta admire these results! The kids are all totally thrilled and entertained, as if Debbie Gibson was in the room! And maybe, just maybe, through this speech competition exercise I've got them all to think a little more about history too.

I love what they did with Napoleon playing Risk, and even if Abraham Lincoln was a little hammy, what can you do? They obviously had to use amateur local players as San Dimas can hardly compete with Broadway or London's West End!

I'm amazed they found the time to add in this sophisticated light show as well; they must have been here for hours setting that up! And the music cues were right on every time - technical perfection! They had props and explosions and stadium level surround sound - quite extraordinary.



Some sourpusses might say that these two spoiled stoner rich kids have simply tried to buy their way into an A for the course, but I just can't help admire their chutzpah.

Giving them B minus would just be too cruel.


I'm reading: DID BILL AND TED ACTUALLY PAY ACTORS TO PRETEND TO BE HISTORICAL FIGURES? THAT'S IMPRESSIVE DEDICATIONTWEET THIS!

Bookmark and Share

0 comments

Post a Comment