I STILL BELIEVE THAT THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER

Posted by Posted by Dark Beige On 20:46



By Peter Cunnah, former lead singer of D:Ream

Come on guys, what happened to always having a p.m.a about life? Didn't I tell you all in my 1993-penned hit Things Can Only Get Better, that things could only get better?





And I still believe it's true, perhaps even more so today than back then, when I was just 28 and a bit of a dreamer. Now, I know it's true.

The words I said then are still true, for one: You can still walk my path, and undoubtedly still wear my shoes. You could still Let her talk like me, but, for reasons I'd rather not go into here and now, I'd rather you didn't. Let's just leave it at that. Rest assured, though, you can still be an angel too, for all I know, (Sorry, I'm not a deity, no matter what Boyz magazine might say to the contrary!)

This next verse is still as true today as it was in 1994, which if you think about is so long ago it's even years before Jordan's baby Harvey was born, and he's MASSIVE.





But maybe

You ain't never gonna feel this way

You ain't never gonna know me

But I know you

Teach you now that

Things can only get better

Can only get, can only get

They get on from here

You know, I know that

Things can only get better




I could go on, but I've just looked the song up on the net and realised quite how long it is, and how banal. Suffice to say that everyone should just keep their chin up, and not lose sight of the message of my uplifting anthem, that rocked the world in both 94 and 97. Yeah, so Tony Blair was a bit of a nob, but come on, guys - have you seen the latest episodes of Gossip Girl? And the Sex and the City girls are back! We can only go upwards from here!

I sometimes lose myself in me

I lose track of time

And I can't see the woods for the trees

You set 'em alight, burning the bridges as you go

I'm too weak to fight you

I got my personal health to deal with

And you say

Walk my path

Wear my shoes

Talk like that

I'll be an angel and

Things can only get better

Can only get better

Now I've found you

Things can only get better

Can only get better

Now I've found you

And you and you



I'm reading: I STILL BELIEVE THAT THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTERTWEET THIS!

Bookmark and Share

0 comments

Post a Comment